Mozart in Vienna
September 23 - September 25, 2011
Harry Christophers opens the season with a program featuring the sensational fortepianist Kristian Bezuidenhout. Mozart’s tenure in Vienna was marked by many brilliant compositions, and this program delves into some of his later works, including his dramatic and compelling Symphony No. 40 in G Minor.
* Haydn: Overture to "Autumn" from The Seasons
* Haydn: Concertino in F for keyboard & strings
* Haydn: Overture to "Winter" from The Seasons
* Mozart: Piano Concerto No. 22 in E-flat, K. 482
* Dittersdorf: Overture to Esther
* Mozart: Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, K. 550
Event Name: Mozart in Vienna
"Symphony was incredible"
Review posted by: Dave from Brookline, MA, Sep 27, 2011
Probably the best, most intense performance of the Mozart g minor symphony I've seen. The orchestra is so in sync it was pure joy. My only complaint is the pianist for the Mozart piano concerto... Expand