The Summer Solstice Stroll
June 21, 2012
Third Annual Solstice Stroll: a walking tour and celebration of Copley Square, Boston which provides an exclusive opportunity to:
- Learn about the history of Fenway Park in a talk with Richard Johnson, curator of The Boston Sports Museum and author of Field of our Fathers, and playwright, humorist, Red Sox poet laureate, Dick Flavin, at the John Hancock Tower.
- At Trinity Church Dr. Tod Forman, local historian and author, will share his thoughts on Richardson’s Trinity Church, the first edge of Copley Square.
- At The Old South Church find out what 1912, the Green line, Old South’s campanile and ragtime have in common.
- Enjoy a performance presented by Commonweath Shakespeare Company in The Boston Public Library hosted by ArtsBoston and complemented by a reception at The Courtyard Restaurant provided by The Catered Affair.
- Light buffet supper and historic tours at The Fairmont Copley Plaza, which is celebrating its Centennial in 2012.
The Summer Solstice Stroll benefits The Friends of Copley Square, which provides funding to assist the City of Boston with the preservation, maintenance, and beautification of Copley Square.