The Boston Early Music Festival: Youth, Genius and Folly
Presented by Boston Early Music Festival
June 9 - June 16, 2013
“The world’s leading festival of early music.” –The Times, London
Experience fully staged, Baroque opera, a week of concerts featuring legendary artists and ensembles, a world-famous tradeshow and more at the Boston Early Music Festival & Exhibition, June 9 - 16, 2013!
For the first time ever, Mozart's own violin and viola travel to the United States! SEE the instruments in exhibition and HEAR them in concert featuring some of the world's most acclaimed instrumentalists. Click here for a full schedule of events.
Recognized as “the world’s leading festival of early music” by The Times of London, the 2013 Boston Early Music Festival features 16 official Concerts bringing together luminaries and emerging stars in the field. Early Music lovers can enjoy a wide array of programs spanning centuries of music performed by some of the worlds most dynamic and engaging artists.
2013 Festival Events:
• Fully-staged operatic centerpiece, Handel's Almira
• Hear distinguished artists and ensembles in Festival Concerts
• Try out exquisitely crafted instruments at the world-famous Exhibition
• Shop at the BEMF CD Store
• Dozens of Fringe Concerts by established and emerging artists
• Lectures, Demonstrations, and Workshops on a broad range of topics
• Performance Masterclasses led by Festival artists
• Family Day programs, fostering the next generation of early music artists
• and much more!