First Night Boston 2014
December 31, 2013
The day-long festival of art, music, dance, sculpture and fireworks will take place once again on December 31. All First Night outdoor events are free, and admission to indoor events requires the purchase of a First Night button, which is $10.
BUY BUTTONS AT A BOSTIX BOOTH (Located in Faneuil Hall or Copley Square until 9pm New Year's Eve). BUTTONS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SALE ONLINE
Schedule of events includes:
- LIVE MUSICAL PERFORMANCES: Patti Smith and Her Band, Blind Boys of Alabama, Dean Wareham, Anais Mitchell, Sierra Hull, Family, Dan Zanes & Elizabeth Mitchell with You Are My Flower, Gentlemen Hall, Donald Harrison Quintet
- FIREWORKS & ICE SCULPTURES
- GRAND PROCESSION: presented by Bank of America
- FAMILY FESTIVAL
- COUNTDOWN PROJECTION INSTALLATION: Zebbler Studios projection installation on the Boston Public Library façade
- LIVE “TOAST OF THE NATION” BROADCAST: national WGBH with Berklee alum Donald Harrison Quintet
- BOSTON COMMON INTERACTIVE ART presented by FIGMENT Boston
Thanks to presenting partner the Highland Street Foundation and several corporate partners who have come forward to ensure First Night festivities continue. Follow @FirstNight on Twitter for the latest #ButtonBenefit.