West Medford Open Studios
Presented by West Medford Open Studios
May 10 - May 11, 2014
For Immediate Release - Art Event PRESS RELEASE
April 1, 2014 Contact Tanya Howard (781) 706-0451
West Medford, MA- West Medford Open Studios, an annual event showcasing the local arts community, returns on May 10 and 11 from noon to 5 pm. WMOS is a free open studio event that invites visitors from all over to experience exhibits of local art & crafts, musical and literary performances, and live arts demonstrations over the course of the weekend.
The 2014 WMOS will showcase over 75 artists participating at 27 sites—including community buildings, private homes, and studios—located throughout West Medford. Guided by an event map, visitors can drop in on each site at their leisure, all weekend long.
Every year, visitors to WMOS are impressed by the quality and variety of the art on display. This year’s featured work will include paintings, glassworks, jewelry, textiles, pottery, turned wood, photography, quilts, mixed media, and more. A number of exciting free performances and demonstrations will also be offered: highlights include the music of Al & Katrin Peterson (of Porch Party Mamas), a performance by a student-teacher rock band, open jam sessions, pottery demonstrations, and readings of original material by seasoned (and up-and-coming) writers.
In addition to the map which can be found on the website WMOS.ORG, visitors to the springtime event will be guided from event to event--and from artist to artist-by WMOS’s signature bright blue balloons tied in front of each site location. So take a stroll, meet up with a friend, listen to some music, buy some art, or take a studio tour, but just don’t miss out on the festivities of the West Medford Open Studios!
West Medford Open Studios is a non-profit organization supported by the Medford Cultural Council, participating artists, Tufts University, local businesses, and friends. For more information about West Medford Open Studios, visit WWW.WMOS.ORG or contact Tanya Howard (781) 706-0451
Top 10 reasons to come to the West Medford Open Studios
10) So many celebrity sightings! (well maybe not, but you never know)
9) Lots of opportunities to take selfies with amazing art and performances in the background.
8) A chance to meet many up and coming artists and say, you met them when...
7) It’s a free weekend of art and culture.
6) Because the free snacks along the way are much better than the picked over cheese sample bowl at the supermarket.
5) It’s chance to explore a great neighborhood and meet many friendly neighbors.
4) Because during WMOS you can multi task visiting all the sites & shopping for a beautiful Mother’s Day gift! (with or without your mother)
3) You are very likely to find an amazing piece of art for that blank wall space that you never got around to making a Pinterest project for.
2) To have the opportunity to watch many free music performances, live readings, and art demos all in one weekend!
1) Because the West Medford Open Studios IS the “Harbinger of Spring” and strolling around the neighborhood enjoying all that WMOS has to offer is the best way to celebrate the end of the longest winter ever!