1. What does ArtsBoston do?
ArtsBoston's mission is to promote the arts in Greater Boston by making the arts accessible, integral to our lives, and more affordable for all arts lovers. ArtsBoston serves more than 170 organizations in theatre, music, dance, visual arts, comedy, and film throughout Greater Boston by helping them grow audiences, providing strategic and capacity-building resources, and serving as a collective voice for the arts.
2. What is artsboston.org?
Artsboston.org is a comprehensive online arts and entertainment calendar for upcoming exhibits, performances, and concerts in the Greater Boston area. Our goal is to gather all of Greater Boston’s cultural and entertainment events in one central space that is easy to use and focused on the arts. Artsboston.org helps you search and browse for theater, music, dance, and arts happenings by event, date, keyword, and category. You can also find restaurant, parking, and venue information to help make your day or night out as simple as possible. Visitors can read reviews from mainstream media, citizen journalists, bloggers, and other users just like themselves, as well as watch videos and hear audio clips that will make them more informed before they make their purchasing decisions.
3. Why should you donate to ArtsBoston?
Because we are a not-for-profit organization, there is a gap between what it costs to run our programs, and what we earn through service fees, membership dues, etc. We need your support to ensure that programs like ArtsBoston.org and BosTix stay up and running. Your donation helps keep the BosTix booths operational, makes ArtsBoston.org and BosTix.org free for everyone, and enables us to do innovative work that goes far beyond ticket sales. By supporting ArtsBoston, you also support 170 performing arts organizations in Greater Boston.
4. Where does my donation go?
Your donation is used to support our programs, services and general operations. Less than 25% of our revenue or contributed support is used for general administrative purposes.
5. Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes! Any gift to ArtsBoston is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
6. Can I have my donation matched by my employer?
We fully encourage all of our donors to check with their employer about a matching gift program. ArtsBoston gratefully accepts all matching gifts for which we are eligible.
7. How do I get my event listed on artsboston.org?
It’s easy to get your event listed on artsboston.org! Simply click on the event submission link - http://www.artsboston.org/page/submit_event - and input your event information. All events will be reviewed and, if accepted, posted within 1-3 business days. ArtsBoston reserves the right to edit submissions for grammar, style, accuracy and content. We may also omit any events that we believe are not suitable for the site.
8. What are the benefits of becoming a member?
ArtsBoston offers its members a variety of membership benefits, including:
Ticketing Benefits at a glance
- BosTix Booths, where we can help you move your last-minute, day-of-show tickets from our two locations on Copley Square and next to Faneuil Hall
- BosTix.org, offering advance and week-of ticket sales to your shows online
- Instant access to ticket sales reports and will-call lists at BosTix.org
- Listings in BosTix Advance – Boston’s only free brochure bringing discounts to the performing arts to over 15,000 households 4 times a year
- Inclusion in daily and weekly email blasts, reaching over 20,000 patrons
- BosTixJr.org, where parents turn to buy tickets for any shows member groups deem appropriate for kids or teens
- MayorsHolidaySpecial.com, a collaboration with the City of Boston’s Mayor’s Office of Arts, Tourism & Special Events, which highlights all winter holiday-themed productions in one central location
Advertising and Marketing Benefits at a glance
- Featured listings on artsboston.org
- The opportunity to participate in the ArtsBoston Big List – Boston’s only collaborative arts mailing list, with over 40 participating organizations, reaching over 230,000 unique households.
- Inclusion in the BosTix Arts Preview, a free brochure bringing discounts to the performing arts to over 15,000 households 4 times a year.
- Inclusion in daily and weekly email blasts, reaching over 40,000 patrons.
- BosTix Jr. Family Night Out Guide – a :30 second spot promoting taking young people to the arts that airs twice weekly on one or more of the five Greater Media Boston stations: Magic 106.7, WROR 105.7, Country 102.5, 96.9 FM TALK and 92.9 WBOS.
- Member rates for premium outdoor advertising at two of the most highly trafficked locations in Boston, Copley Square and Faneuil Hall. Reduced ad rates in the BosTix daily email and website.
- Link on and organization profile on ArtsBoston.org to your organization
- ArtsBoston Member discount rate for advertising in Ticket to the Arts in The Boston Globe
- Discounts on advertising in Boston Metro’s Theatre and Arts Guide, and The Boston Phoenix’s newly re-launched Spotlight on Boston
- Use of ArtsBoston mailing lists for the member rate of $50 per 1000 names
- Discounted rates on ArtsBoston Professional Development Workshop Series
- Listings with BosTix Jr., ArtsBoston’s guide to family-friendly programming
- ArtsBoston monthly E-Newsletter, which posts marketing tips, promotes member organizations, and informs on the latest Big List news
- Free ticket offers from fellow member groups, and the ability to offer your performances to peer and colleagues.
- Special connections and marketing opportunities with the concierge and tourism community. This includes access to the annual Fall Social and Arts Preview, an opportunity to showcase your season to Boston’s hotel concierge and front line tourism professionals.
9. How do I become a member?
Please contact Deborah Rosenstein at deborahr (at) artsboston.org or 617-262-8632 x 224 -to inquire about membership and its full range of benefits.
10. What size do images need to be on my listings?
Primary images should be 120 pixels wide by up to 170 pixels tall. You can also upload up to 5 additional event images that will be featured in your image gallery. Gallery images should be formatted to 300 pixels wide by 300 pixels tall. All images must be in .JPG format ONLY, and must be smaller than 3 megabytes in size.
11. How do I upload a video onto my event page?
Click here and follow the instructions listed on the Video page.
12. Can I upload sound files onto my events page?
Yes, simply follow the same instructions as the video page.
13. Should I use my organization’s office contact info or the box office contact info on the events and organization pages?
Please use the box office contact info on the event and organization pages.
13. Can I use ArtsBoston’s images and logos in my publications, website, or programs?
Yes, the images on this page are provided for the use of our members in their marketing materials.
Have questions about BosTix? Click here for more BosTix information.