CCAE - Blacksmith House
56 Brattle Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
In late 1972 the Cambridge Center acquired the Blacksmith House (the former Window Shop) property. Blacksmith House includes the Dexter Pratt House, built in 1811, where Longfellow observed the famous Village Blacksmith at work under the Spreading Chestnut Tree in 1839. Both houses are being preserved by the Center as living museums and are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
There is no accessibility service information available at this time.